About several months ago, an individual I know posted on how he made $8,000+ within a span of three months from Fortnite. I wonder to myself, “how does a person make that much money from a gaming niche?” After reading his post, I decided to test his method with a little knowledge and twist. Basically, what I know from affiliates and Instagram so far.
I believe that this method is applicable to people in the US only. Maybe you could figure a way around it?
Below, I will show you a twist and requirement of this method and getting an EpicGames creator account.
1. Instagram Account
2. You will definitely need money. However much you have or willing to spend, will determine how much you’ll make. (Please spend your money at your own risk)
3. A Vendor for Instagram Mentions
4. An EPIC Support-a-creator Account: https://www.epicgames.com/affiliate/en-US/overview
– Payment methods from EpicGames: PayPal or Bank from US
– If you want to withdraw from your balance, you will need to be able to fill out a tax form.
(Before getting approve to Epic Games creator account, you need to have a page of a large “audience.” What I mean by that is that Epic Support will ask you for a large-looking account to see if you will qualify to become an affiliate marketer or not. What I did was create an Instagram page and sent 10,000 followers to it from a vendor. Make sure that you’re able to log in to your account and that it’s not just any random account because they will send you a code via email to put in your bio. This will prove that you own the account. If you have accounts with high followings from other platforms such as (Facebook, Twitter, etc – You can use that too. The process usually takes a day. Once you are approved, you can use any account for this method)
After you have all of the requirements, let’s move on to the steps I took to get results:
1. Create an Instagram account that is niche related to Fortnite. I would make the bio look legit like “Daily Fortnite Content” or whatever you think looks “legit.” For me, when I was testing the method I had only one post. But hey, the more legit = the more supporters. Once you have that ready, move on to the next step.
2. Create an image with v-bucks gift card (that’s what I did exactly but you can do what you think will convert) with text “Give-Away” In the description, I put “Once you complete the 3 steps, check your DM in one hour for your free gift-card code.” They usually end up forgetting.
The 3 steps I put in the description was: 1. Go to “Support-a-creator in the item shop and put [YOUR EPIC CREATOR NAME].” 2. Tag 3 Friends (to maximize profit) 3. Like this Image (to maximize profit)
3. Now, look for a reliable vendor that supplies you with Instagram mentions/DMs. What I did was I targeted the @fortnite account. Or look for any account with high engagement rates, you will get a higher response rate. Enjoy!
Now from my case study, for every 1,000 tagged – I would get 4-5 people that will put my name on their Support-a-creator. I took the amount of how much other creators make and divide it by the number of supporters they have. It turns out that on average, each supporter equals approximately $1.20. If you have 100 supporters, you will average ~$120.
If I spend $2 on 1,000 mentions, I will have 4-5 new supporters.
4-5 supporters = ~$4 to $6. Same applies to DM.
$200 = 100,000 mentions = 400-500 new supporters
400-500 supporters = $400 to $600 (now don’t spend what you don’t have. Please do at your own risk)
Of course, there are other tools out there you can use such as IG automation but I found mentioning users thousands at a time was the quickest process. I only stopped because the first payout will take 2 months and I didn’t have the funds for it. I did it to test it out. I’m currently working on a project as well.
(Also when a person put your name in as a creator, you will have to wait at least a week for results to appear on the stats) Their chart update is REALLY slow. I asked my sister to put my name as a creator on her account for testing and it took approximately a week and a half to show up.
I know this is not much but hope this is a great contribution to MySocialGod for being MIA. 🙂