Square Inc.’s peer-to-peer payment service system Cash App makes it possible for anyone to accept, send, or receive money online. For this to happen, however, you will have to first create and completely set up an account with Cash App.
While the process is relatively simple, there are some instances where people creating an account have reported experiencing a number of challenges that’s prevented them from completely setting up their Cash App account.
One challenge that’s very common with many users setting up their Cash App accounts is adding a debit card. Many users report that Cash App won’t let them add their debit card. Just in case you are wondering, here is why this is happening.
Why You Can’t Add A Debit Card
There are a number of reasons why you are having trouble or problem with adding a debit card to your Cash App account. One such reason is entering the wrong card details. You’ll be surprised by just how common this problem is. When setting up an account, many people tend to input the wrong card number. The same also goes with the CVV and the expiration date.
Another reason why you are having problems adding a debit card to your account or simply put why you cannot add a debit card to your Cash App account is using a deactivated or expired card. Cash App will not allow you to add a debit card that’s expired. You are also likely to have problems if you are using a debit card that is not supported by Cash App. Do note that not all cards are accepted by Cash App, in fact, Cash App only accepts cards that are supported by US banks.
While this is all true, there is one main reason why Cash App won’t let you add a debit card. In fact, some might argue that other reasons fall under this particular reason. What is it you ask, well, many Cash App users simply don’t know how to add a debit card to their account: See below to see how you can do this the right way.
Adding A Debit Card The Right Way
The process of adding a debit card to your Cash App account is very simple. All you need to do I simply follow a few steps the right way. These steps are:
- Step 1 – Start the Cash App app on your mobile phone
- Step 2 – Click on the “My Cash” tab option that’s available on the home screen (it slightly located in the left corner)
- Step 3 – Once you click on the “My Cash” option, you’ll be able to see the balance in your account. Now scroll all the way down to find details about your bank.
- Step 4 – Under the bank account name you’ll see a tab titled “Add a Credit Card”. Once you are able to locate it, click on it.
- Step 5 – Simply follow the onscreen instruction and you’ll be fine. When entering your card number, expiration date, and CVV number, make sure you are very keen to input the correct details.
While it is common for Cash App users to have trouble or problems adding a debit card to their account, the solution is pretty simple. In fact, if you are keen when inputting the card details and follow the right steps, they should be able to add their cards with no hustle whatsoever. Worth noting as well is that some of the reasons listed might as well be why some Cash App users receive the message “Your Card is Invalid.”
For other Cash App related articles, check out:
- Is There Such Thing As A Cash App Joint Account?
- Can You Use Cash App For Gas?
- Is It Safe To Use Cash App For Facebook Marketplace?