Is Cash App available in Nigeria?
Cash App is unfortunately not available in Nigeria or for that matter any African country. The service of Cash App is only working internationally in the UK and US. This application is made into use to transfer money only within the country you stay in no matter if it is India, the US, or the UK.
How Is Cash App Legitimate in the US and UK?
From gathering the information on Cash App’s website, the payment services are not supported by international recipients from this application. It simply means in case if you are staying in the US and want to transfer money to your family or friends who live in another country, you cannot transfer the money.
However, the Cash App can be used within the US if you want to send money to another person living in the United States itself through this app.
Cash App became available for the UK-based users also by April 3, 2018. The people living in the UK have even got the option to link their bank accounts to the application to send funds seamlessly to others with this application.
Cash App card is not accessible in the UK as it has in the US. Even though the UK and US users can use this application in their country with its features, they cannot transfer money between these two nations. For instance, if you are a US-based person and want to send money to someone in the UK using Cash App, you cannot do so.
How To Use Cash App In Nigeria?
As Cash App does not operate internationally rather than the US and UK, it cannot be used for making transactions in other countries. However, in order to make a Cash App account Available or work in Nigeria or another country, you would need to follow certain steps given below. It is a step-by-step procedure for its registration. The process of Cash App registration will go like this as a rough picture.
All you need to do is to download and install the Cash App after switching on your VPN so that you can install the application with the use of the IP address of any location, preferably the US. As you get done with the downloading process, you should edit your profile to fix something like CashTag, fill in your required documents wherever needed, and stay as a limited user. Also, you have to skip the Add Card option.
As this application does not work in Nigeria, you would need to activate some VPN services to make this application work.
For this, you need to follow few steps are as follows:
- Step 1: Install Ovpn spider on your smartphone, which you will find in Google Playstore.
- Step 2: When you try to open this app, you would be asked to install another app. You have to install that particular application too to connect both the apps as they should work together to get access to Cash App in Nigeria.
- Step 3: After you complete the above steps, you can download the Cash App from the internet as it does not work in the right way through Google Playstore.
- Step 4: After the installation of the Cash App, you have to turn on your VPN and select the United States. Then you can do the registration process when your place is active in the United States.
- Step 5: You are all ready to use Cash App in Nigeria.
As a merchant, there is even a huge spectrum of other well-known payment gateways available in Nigeria to choose from. The payment apps available in Nigeria are Flutterwave, GTPay, Paystack, VoguePay, Interswitch Webpay, CashEnvoy, and more.
For other Cash App-related articles, you might want to read: